FROM HIS FIRST DAY:
For your information. I live on Sather AB. That is where mu\y tent, and it is not kidding a tent with linolium floor a buck bed and a locker box and about 7 feet by 10 feet of living space. (I work at New Al Muthara AB). It is located a short walk from my tent. Imagine I am in prison but I have to walk 100 yards to the crapper and I shower about 300 yards away. Nothing is paved. Everywhere you walk on stone paths..... It rained this week so now it is wet and muddy and the water has no where to go so there are mud and brown water ditches everywhere. To get into the tent from the path, we have put crate boxes, a sandbag, and a think piece of plastic we found.
FROM EARLY THIS WEEK:
We are flying our you know what off. Got
10 hours already. Things are looking up. It will still be a long and
aggravating year in ways I do not think you could imagine unless you are
stationed here.
Baghdad is wet, muddy, disgusting and dirty. Flew over places you hear
about in the newspapers daily to take a peek. Been unreal to see the
battlespace from this perspective. Not saying I am dropping but flying
with Iraqis over the battlespace is something I will always remember.
we laugh everyday here until it hurts. some of us are soooo busy it is ridiculous. I get up at 545 am and I get home after working out every night around 1000 or so.
He was also able to send a couple of pictures. One I think is of his C-130 trip there and the other is his sleeping quarters....GLAMOUR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment