Friday, May 28, 2010

Update

It's been a busy Spring for the Shedd's which is why this blog update has been so long in coming....These are just a few pictures of what we have been up to and we will try to update more often throughout the summer.

The first big thing we did this Spring was find out our next bundle of joy was going to be a GIRL!!!!!! We are so excited!!! Mom can't wait to buy pink stuff and Dad, well Dad doesn't yet realize he is going to lose his heart to a little pink bundle :-)
The second big "happening" of the Spring was that Tim tore his Achilles Tendon. OK according to the Dr. it wasn't "torn"... it was "shredded". UGH!! Obviously he was in quite a bit of pain for a while and he had to have surgery on it. However, we are now on the home stretch of recovery...two more weeks in a cast and then a few months of rehab. Hopefully he will be back to 100% by October when Baby Girl makes her appearance. I know it's a bit disturbing but here is a picture of Tim's leg post-surgery/pre-cast:

In May we had a fun Hertz Family visit for the Columbus Airshow. My parents and brother and sister-in-law and their kids came for a visit. It was a great time and I guess it was so much fun I didn't take enough pictures!!!! David had so much fun playing with his cousins and it was really really nice for Tim and I to have some company. I did manage to get this picture of Tim and David waiting for the Thunderbirds to do their show:
Also this spring we took David to the Zoo in Memphis. He doesn't have alot of exposure to animals since we don't have a dog and except for the stray cat that haunts our yard he hasn't really seen animals up close but he LOVED the monkey babies (birds of feather???.....):

Memphis was sweltering the weekend we went to the Zoo but they had a fountain the kids could play in and that helped cool everyone off including mom:
The rest is just a few pictures of David (and mom and dad) doing a few of our favorite activities. David LOVES slides:
And his water table:
And reading with Daddy:
And hanging out with mom (June 11 is my last day of flying until Baby Girl comes so not too many more pictures with mom in the flight suit):
And of course, everyone's favorite Spring activity......EATING POPSICLES!!!!!!



1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ok, that last picture David looks JUST LIKE YOU!!! He is adorable!

Also you look great!! Can't even tell youre preggers!

And, I need backyard pictures!! I bet it's all in bloom now and I want to admire :)

Good update...so glad youre back!